Monday 4 June 2007

Something's got to give...

Why am I finally getting around to posting some haiku? I'm at home sick, went in feeling okay, but went downhill rapidly and by 12 was unable to type my own name. Various problems kept me from leaving until after 2:30, but I'm now home and feeling a little better. Wouldn't surprise me if it's stress...

MA work not going so well either. I got good marks on Japanese-English translation, but not so good on my transcription (although coming down from almost-perfect last time) and really disappointing marks on my first essay. Fair point that there were probably important sources I didn't use, but the content of the essay didn't crystallise for some time, and by the time it did I didn't have time to go into SOAS to get more books.

I know we're all grown up, but I would appreciate more assistance (even if people want to call it hand-holding) from the university... giving us a massive Handbook - which covers more than just our course - and then throwing assignments at us later isn't working for me, and I'd be surprised if it was for others.

Or maybe I'm just not taking criticism well, as has been noted since primary school. But hey, at least that's something unique about me.

No comments: