Monday 10 May 2010

And another one!

Despite getting a terrible night's sleep on Wednesday I had a very productive day on Thursday with a good German lesson and lots of work done on two sites where I'm trying to integrate content from a blog onto a static web page.

As part of that I started looking around for good blogs on general translation, Japanese-English translation and games translation. I've found many of the first so far and am about to start following another possibly infinite chain of blogs about English. I think I should take a break.

Spent Friday in two 3-hour training sessions for my chosen translation tool, which were good but not absolutely required for the exams - I may do the other two exams I want to get without the training sessions. I don't believe that the certification you get for them is absolutely necessary, but it's professional development. And I have time for that now, so I may as well use it.

The birds in the garden are still routinely decimating the two feeders we hang out for them, and himself was concerned that they might need different food if they're raising young, so we went into the pet shops in town to look for some mealworms. We didn't get any, but at least got to see some very cute animals. Well, I find spiders cute - not everyone does...

In other news, I managed to successfully raise a rate offered by a client with everyone happy with the end result and baked two half-batches of muffins, one black sesame and one green tea. Making the two batches distracted me to the extent that I forgot to add the oil to the green tea batch, which came out squat and heavy (still very edible). But I am easily distracted.

Getting back into playing my 漢字検定試験 and 美文字 games on the DS. That and trying to finish Dragon Quest: Chapters of the Chosen. I still have to adjust to the feast and famine cycle. Staring at my laptop waiting for work to come in doesn't help, but neither does endless surfing. I'm not on holiday, I'm waiting for work. And what else is there to do but polish up my skills?

No comments: