Monday 31 October 2011

There's always one

The jet lag hasn't been too bad, and I've spent my first few days in and around Tokyo, so I haven't had the early morning or travel time to injure my fingers writing long messages on the phone. I've done very little in the way of sightseeing so far, mainly hanging out with friends and seeing clients. It doesn't help that I rented a diffent model of phone and the keyboard is a pain to use.

Tokyo is warm, in the low twenties, and other than seeing people I've been getting lost (despite my excellent map book), picking up some Xmas and birthday presents, and playing many rounds of Uno Junior with a 4 and a 6 year old when they aren't watching or reinacting the latest Ultraman or Kamen Rider series. The older brother can tell you which Ultraman series anything appeared in, and the little brother went to a Halloween party as an Ultraman monster (Gomez). He wore his cardboard claws, made that morning by his mom, all through breakfast, sofly roaring 'ga-oh' with a big smile on his face.

Last full day in Tokyo today, more clients and friends to meet, then tomorrow morning I'm off to Nagoya and Kyoto.

No comments: