Monday 21 October 2013

Sheep! Paris! Fire!

Yes, I'm combining a few unrelated photos here!

First, some floppy sheep seen on the way back from the local surgery. 


And next stop, Paris! I was there for four days with Mom and Dad in September, and Dawn came up to join us for the weekend. I saw a few fire-related things - an old tender and river fire brigade - that I snapped for Austa, and we did the obligatory Bateaux Mouches trip.








We also visited the excellent museum of oriental art, which unexpectedly had a traditional fireman's jacket made of indigo dyed fabric.



I also found some Japanised French in the museum gift shop.


And after Mom and Dad were disappointed by two of their old favourite restaurants, we found a few more good ones. The Bistro des Amis around the corner from the hotel had simple, delicious food!




Although not nearly as many shops were open on Sunday, including Book Off! Paris must try harder.


After a last tea and cake (a the gourmand) at the station, Dawn headed back to Geneva by train and I went back to the airport. We both got a guidebook to Japanese shops in Paris, though, so I'm sure we'll be back!



No comments: