Thursday 28 May 2015

Deep spring

Back in Zurich after spending nearly two weeks in the UK, and trying to get back to normal.


Hmm. Only in Switzerland?


Many types of tomatoes in the local garden centre.


Also possibly only in Germanic countries...


This is what a maple seed pod looks like. I had no idea.


Gorgeous old dining car/engine seen at Zurich station.


We went up to Basel Zoo with Dawn and Simon, and they had Lackerli ice cream!


We spent a few days in and around Bournemouth, and I failed to resist this book when I went up to Reading for a day.


Most of the plants survived! I think I've lost some of the young flower seedlings, and the orchid and basil (to some kind of fungus?) but the veg are clearly made of sterner stuff. The pumpkins are busy growing their second true leaf.


Puntastic mug from the Hawk Conservancy in Andover.

No comments: