Monday 25 August 2008

Er, no...

I checked my mailbox with a little anticipation today, as several people have been kind enough to threaten to send me birthday cards.

What there was waiting for me is what I suspect is a German tax number. I was hoping to quietly leave the country, but there it is, listing my passport details and everything. Needless to say, it's all in German so I have no idea what it says, but I can guess at Finanzamt.

In other news, I don't have the new address I was meant to get on Friday, or the keys I was meant to have today, or any info whatsoever about what's going on. We were meant to be able to move this evening if we wanted to. All looks like it's going to go a bit pear-shaped.

Need to get more sleep - I have been sleeping, but not very soundly judging by how awake I feel (not very). Have spent most of the day refraining from being cranky at people for reasons that are not quite good enough.

No comments: