Sunday 28 November 2010

Crafty and Christmassy

Took a day out from work - the stuff I'm still doing that seems to fill all my non-traditional working hours and eat into my sleep - yesterday, to find a bead shop that I'd seen while wandering around with my first (and possibly only) guest (apart from himself). It's called "Docombi" and is in the Galerias Goya in Malaga.


It was pretty good! Nothing terribly expensive, a nice range of Swarovski crystal, Czech glass and Delicas, as well as some really nice and unusual glass, resin and shell pieces. I went quite mad and got several of everything I like and some things that I'd never wear myself but think would make a cool set of earrings. The shop was manned by two blokes, but seemed to have a healthy stream of customers and despite being crammed and having lots of stock on the floor was actually quite interesting. And my madness only cost me 40 Euro, so I can't complain.


The Galerias Goya has loads of very nice small alternative shops and looks like a great place if you're stuck for a present. Half of them were closed with no idea of opening hours, as is par for the course here. Here was a knitting/handicrafts store in the basement.


And all the Christmas lights are up! Not on yet, but there.

No comments: