Monday 1 November 2010

The saga ends!


After five months of frantic phone calls, scrambling to get documentation, personally going in to Kantonal authorities to get paperwork and generally struggling with the system - I have my Auslanderausweis!

It's a good thing I had already decided to go back to Zurich this weekend - there was a letter waiting for me from the Adliswil town hall asking me to come in with my passport and a photo. I handed them over to the lovely Ms Angst and two minutes later after stamping the photo into the card and getting me to sign it, I had my 5 year residency permit! (Good thing they didn't give me the 6-month one, otherwise I'd have had to apply for the next one while I was picking up this one.)

It's now scanned and sent to various people who need it, like my health insurer and bank. It kind of has the wrong address - c\o himself - but it's good enough for a celebration!

No comments: