Wednesday 29 June 2011

Never rains but it pours

After a few really hot, sunny days we're having a downpour. It's lovely and cool! And at least I won't have to water my rocket and Asian greens back from a state of total wilted dehydration.

We went to Basel Zoo on Saturday in an attempt to see the new baby snow leopard cubs there - no luck, but we saw lots of other animals! And if you'd like to see what the cubs look like, you must have a look at the photos by a serious amateur we met at the zoo, Urs Witschi.

This week has been the usual nose to the grindstone, and me finding out the hard way that sleep is not as optional as I'd like to think. I'm also making an effort to eat properly during the day, so I've been cooking big pots of things and eating them for a few days afterwards. I've just made the "upside-down lentil shepherd's pie" from Appetite for Reduction, a vegan low-calorie cookbook that has already come up with some recipes we can't wait to try again. I also tried out the chocolate cake from the author's site, which smells amazing. It's very much not low-calorie though!

No comments: