Thursday 31 July 2014

Week in review

We headed out on Saturday to a shopping centre at the other end of the industrial area.


It was back-to-school time. Who better to hide your mistakes than Kitty?


Looks... totally not legit. But they did stock a funny-looking German/Swiss German version of Memory.


Swiss national day (1 August) approaches.


Doesn't look much like German, does it?


Patriotic hampers, I assume filled with Swiss goods.


Dawn & Simon came up on Sunday and we headed out to one of our favourite places, Miyuko's. Seen on the way, this sign claims there are no sharks in the river Limmat, but that you should still be careful about swimming. Very understated compared to Bern's giant octopus.


The unassuming outside of Miyuko's.


And our wonderful afternoon tea, served with Earl Grey, Chinese flower tea, and lemon and ginger tea.


Thinking of our friend Colm!


I finally planted my salad leaf seeds on Sunday night.


Went out for dinner with my OU friend Alison on Wednesday. This is our favourite quasi-Thai place's idea of a burger. (Not pictured, three dipping sauces and fried noodles.)


I forced myself to have dessert - black sesame and coconut ice cream!


I couldn't believe it on Thursday morning when I saw that my salad leaf seeds had sprouted! Here's the Osaka purple "mustard" and mizuna.


Swiss chard (has not sprouted yet) and mibuna.


Oriental greens and mild micro leaf mixes.


And mesclun and spicy micro leaf mixes!


Plus my Ikea herbs and chives.


And the large Korean mint is budding! It would be lovely if it got more flowers.

No comments: