Sunday 13 July 2014

When in Zurich


I went to the Zurich Botanical Gardens with Wendy and John . The weather wasn't the best, but I scored a red shiso plant and three Korean mint plants in their plant sale!


A nice surprise - matcha chocolate collaboration with our favourite tea room, Les Delices de Miyuko! On sale in the Globus department store.


Amazingly, a range of onigiri in Coop.


My red shiso and one of my Korean mint plants. ^_^


And two weeks after we move in, finally our names on the post box.


I don't think that prefix implies what you think it does.


My first try at cream cheese frosting. Apart from melting, it didn't turn out too badly.


Sheep grazing a field around the corner from a friend's house.


Just what every household needs - an automatic log splitter, and on sale!


My new way of finding plants that attract insects - look for the ones serving as landing pads for bees the size of aircraft carries.



I ended up getting this lavender. 


Another indispensable item, gloves for handling cherries.


I'm not sure that's what you want on your advertising either.


My little balcony garden in progress. Red shiso, three Korean mint plants (the smaller two are very strong!), some unknown flowers as a housewarming present from Wendy & John, lavender and a just-planted pot of chives at the end.


My miraculously surviving jade plant, heavily cut back, with my Ikea herbs and some cuttings that may or may not take.

No comments: