Tuesday 8 July 2008

Deferred pleasure

I have to admit that I haven't been reading the feedback for my MA work as soon as it comes in.

I was somewhat alarmed to find how long I haven't been reading it for though - since the beginning of the year. Not something to look on with pride.

But although I have obviously been dreading it - particularly since getting into an ultimately senseless debacle over comments with one of the tutors - it's actually all quite good. The patents tutor invites me to take up translating patents as a profession. The tutor I had the altercation with gave me an excellent mark on round 2, although my basic grammar is still not what it should be. And the Japanese to English translation tutor gave me a very high mark for my last assignment and a cheerful 'keep up the good work'.

Not much going on. I have been alternating between studying for the residential on the week of the 21st and procrastinating about it. Flying to Heathrow on Thursday night to get ready for the craft fair on the weekend - as I haven't been in the country to organise anything I'll just have to hope for some unprepared version of beginner's luck. At least all the display materials from last year are still in a crate in the attic, so I'll just have to get some change from the bank and polish up any tarnished silver and get everything to the right place.

(If you're anywhere near Kings Langley and Abbots Langley - just outside Watford - go to the Festival of the Arts! All this week! Especially to see Kindertransport! And the craft fair is in the hall of the beautiful St. Lawrence church in Abbots Langley.)

And this time - I have to buy the chickens from the quilting group and give them to Mom instead of keeping them for myself as I did 2 years ago.

Ahem. This has all turned into a bit of a confessional...

No comments: