Monday 14 July 2008

High and low

The flight over to London was lovely. Got stopped and taken aside by airport security twice to have the Wii Fit board wiped down for explosives, and generally got more interest than if I had a puppy with me. Frankfurt airport staff have perfect English and are generally a very good-humoured lot.

We came over the east coast of England while light was falling and got a beautiful view of fat rivers winding their way into the sea, with a gorgeous sunset overhead. I kept looking from one to the other, amazed at both. Then we went over London with all the lights on, turning over Canary Wharf and getting a great view of Tower Bridge, the river, the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye.

The craft fair went well, not as busy as last year, but sold quite a bit - including some larger pieces than last year, and some that I've had for ages - made some new friends, got some presents for people and also have started planning a new bag with a lady who makes them who was there. We're going to try to use some of the fabric I brought back from Japan, which I still haven't learned enough sewing to do anything with.

Was so tired on Friday night I thought I was going to come down with something. Couldn't stay awake, throat hurt, head hurt, sniffling. But I was okay in the end, and stumbled back to the flat in Frankfurt slightly delayed by an air traffic control problem just before midnight - still early enough to get a decent train and U-bahn connection home.

Then downstairs neighbour decided to play the keyboards. At 1:10am.

I decided that undignified as it was my only option was to shout out the window gently requesting that he stop. I am going to have to a) speak to him (although if he thinks playing the keyboards at 1:10am was a good idea in the first place you wonder if it's going to do any good) and/or b) get someone at work to speak to him and/or c) ask to be moved.

I could do without this with a week to go to the residential. My hard drive is also making an odd noise and says it could do with a software repair that I need the disc that it came with (currently in Reading) for. Next weekend, when I'm there...

Anyway. Apart from the noisy ending a wonderful time, and most indebted to himself's parents for all their help. It's a gorgeous village.

No comments: