Tuesday 30 March 2010

Dawn out the window

Woke up - or rather ceased to be able to sleep - about quarter to six. Not sure where this is, but we were popping in and out of tunnels and the dawn was fading as fishing boats set out to sea.

The nobi nobi compartments are as uncomfortable as they look. The carriage is super-heated and the bunks have some kind of under carpet heating as well. It was fun, but I think I'll just plan my way out of needing it again. That or pay for a real bunk.

We've had the wake-up call for Yokohama, and will be in Tokyo in about 40 minutes. There's nowhere to put cases and when I asked the conductor he advised me to move into an unoccupied pair of top bunks and store my luggage in one. I was most grateful for the second blanket to use as a pillow.

No comments: