Monday 21 June 2010

Ah, how Teutonic!



Seen in the big Co-op non-food shop in the local shopping centre. I was in there today to pick up some cute measuring spoons (shaped like fish and intended for children) and a small plastic spatula to run around the edges of the non-stick ramekins I'm using for the steamed breads. I made a second lot of green tea ones this morning... and they're all gone. ^_^; I also made the hijiki brown rice recipe from the same book last night and it was amazing.

In other news, I finally repaired Mom's bracelet and the latest Skulduggery Pleasant book and posted both off this morning. I got a letter from Stadt Adliswil, which I opened with bated breath, only to find it was not my residence permit but them wanting to know who my health insurer is. Well, that comes after the permit.

The birds are still eating everything we put out, and brown rice (cooked) is the new favourite. There were some very confused and upset great tits after himself took down the half coconut shell that was once filled with fat and seeds and now looks like it's been cleaned and polished. I swear they use it and the feeder as swings. We've been seeing some other kinds of birds that we're not able to identify, but at a minimum we have sparrows, great tits, blue tits, goldfinches and greenfinches. No need for TV!

No comments: