Sunday 20 June 2010

Where there's green tea powder, there's cocoa powder!

After my surprisingly successful attempt at making steamed green tea bread (from the The Okinawa Diet Plan, which I recommend as a cookbook if nothing else) I decided to have a go with cocoa powder.



It worked beautifully! The flavour is subtle but delicious and the texture is amazingly dense. It's a definite tie with the green tea ones.

The one thing that didn't work so well was using both trays in the steamer. The ramekins I have are too large to put four in one tray, so I put two on each and the ones on the bottom steamer got dripped on, one worse than the other.



Himself insists he's going to eat the slightly soggy one regardless.

Been really enjoying the recipes and will probably try making the Hijiki Brown Rice tonight. After my cross-questioning from the lady at Nishi's Japanese shop while buying the hijiki yesterday - although to be fair, I didn't know you couldn't use it in soup, so I learned something this time.

No comments: