Sunday 25 July 2010

Empty, full

Yesterday was a bit of a write-off. After a very poor night's sleep on Thursday night, we both went to bed at 1am on Friday night... and slept until 1pm on Saturday. I felt awake enough when I got up, but shattered again about two hours later. I headed out to buy some things at Nishi's - who were on holiday - and book an appointment at the Hirano hairdresser's next door - who were closed at 3:10pm despite their opening hours being until 4:00 on a Saturday. And I lost one of my headphone earpieces, leaving me unable to listen to any music. After wandering through Globus and Marinello in search of some chili powder (they had nothing more interesting than what I could get at the local supermarket) I headed back to Sihl City for an "It's a Boy!" card for a friend and some food shopping. I was telling myself that the quality of Co-op's fruit and veg was better than Migros' (especially the avocados) when I saw this:



Can you guess what it is? An aubergine (eggplant) with two enormous holes and who knows what inside. *sigh*

Today was much better. Emails cleared. Washing done. Tax return done - and they owe me! Now if I can just get my Summer Greetings ready to email out to my Japanese friends and business contacts, I'll be happy...

No comments: