Saturday 24 November 2012

Boats and lights and biscuits

I finished off my set of boat coasters!


Really happy with how they turned out, although the thread wasn't finished off as well as I would have liked. It is dark brown on dark brown, so at least it's not too obvious.

I headed into town yesterday evening to pick up some mirin and have a look in the hobby section of the large Migros in Brunau. I noticed on my way to the station that there were signs up for a Christmas market on the weekend of 1-2 December (coincidentally when our guests are here), and that the local Civil Defense had put up the municipal Christmas tree.



I headed into the main station (there's a small Korean restaurant and food shop nearby that sells Japanese ingredients as well) and found that the city Christmas lights were up on Bahnhofstrasse. I do like them.


The lights at the large Sihlcity shopping centre were slightly less subtle.





After checking out the crafting supplies - and other things that I could repurpose - I headed towards David's office for a coffee, passing the rather odd castle near the business park that was festively floodlit.


We did some paperwork and tidying up on Saturday, and had a friend around to watch Iron Sky. I tried making the soft pumpkin cookie recipe that Austa sent me, using a freshly baked pumpkin with lebkuchen spice mix and some chopped dried apple instead of nuts. They needed a little more than 15 minutes to cook, but they were amazing! Nearly all gone already, and I think I know what I'll be doing with the other pumpkin too. ^_^


No comments: