Tuesday 15 May 2012

The harder they fall

Sitting in Kyoto Station, listening to the students beside me and amazed smoking is still allowed...

My rail pass is valid from today, but it won't get much of a workout right now - the Aoi Matsuri (Hollyhock Festival) has been postponed until tomorrow due to rain so I'm planning on doing some indoor things. Nobuko is hoping to come in later so we can go to the national museum together.

Other news: I have my ticket for Kodo in Osaka on the 26th! There is wifi in Kyoto Station but it's so unstable as to be unusable. I should be able to get tickets for the geisha dances at Kamogawa later today. And my case hates me - the wheels aren't behaving, and as I was going through the ticket gate to meet Nobuko the front wheels locked up and as I was pushing it from behind I went over it like a rider thrown from a horse. Graceful.

No comments: