Sunday 18 October 2015

Life's too short

After being told at check-in that the hotel was full, I set my alarm and went down early for breakfast. Although there weren't that many people there, lots of the buffet dishes were empty or nearly so. I grabbed some cocktail sausages, scrambled egg and stir-fried vegetables, but there was no coffee left. Never mind, I thought, I can go back later and get some. One bite of the cocktail sausage was enough, the texture was removed enough from any kind of meat that I didn't want any more. The eggs had lots of butter, cream, or both and tasted like some kind of pudding. The stir-fried vegetables were almost cold. I went back for coffee. It was vile. I returned my tray and went out to the 7-11 around the corner. Not the healthiest breakfast of the trip by a long way! Doughnut and coffee, caramel steamed bread, coffee jelly with cream and matcha pudding.

No comments: