Monday 12 November 2007

Man and wife rocks

Got back into Nagoya on Sunday after a morning playing with Tomoko's kids. Well, Shuugo (2) was still hiding behind his mom, but I played blocks with Saaya (4) and talked about the good and bad points of the JET Programme with Tomoko. It wasn't the best night's sleep - I was woken twice during the night (once by Shuugo and then by some music) and finally gave up at 7am when the kids turned the TV on. Kid's TV seems to be the same anywhere, although I was surprised by the amount of merchandising.

I think I found the last large locker in the whole station area - outside the station in a corridor linking the tube lines with an underground shopping center. There was no change machine, so I ended up buying a bottle of water and a can of warm cocoa to get enough 100 yen pieces.

Met up with Dawn and Simon at Yagoto, slightly late, in the vain hope of seeing some red leaves. Had a good lunch and a great chat, and got some beading books!

Retrieved my suitcase from the locker, and emailed the Iidas to say I would be abit late. After not getting on one train due to it being full of returning baseball fans, slow conneations and simply getting on the wrong train, I arrived a whole hour late.

More later, need to get back on the road!

No comments: