Tuesday 6 November 2007

Onwards...

Looks like I left Kurashiki just in time - even at 10:30 thetour groups were starting to flood in.

I decided to skip the Ohara Museum as it's European art and set off from the hotel at 8am to wander the streets. The historical area was smaller than I thought, so I ended up visiting a few shrines as well, and bought a daruma academic success charm at one.

Around the side of the old textile factory was the smallest shrine with gates I had ever seen - two rows of them at right angles. As I passed under one, I noticed the wood was rotten to the core. I threw a coin into the box and prayed for a safe journey. That's when I noticed it. The second thing I noticed was the cloud of wasps. The first was to wasps what Godzilla is to an iguana. I backed away from the shrine.

After going around the canal area, I went to the Folkcraft Museum, and now in Okayama!

No comments: