Tuesday 20 May 2008

German efficiency?

Dad mentioned on the phone that the TGV booking website is allegedly the worst. No, I can beat it...

Frankfurt's route planner was sending me out two towns to the east before coming back in. Hence the hour journey and unknown fare.

It was only when I used Google Maps (no, not just plugging it because himself works for them) that I realised what on earth was happening. And that there was a U-Bahn station close by that I might be able to walk from. And when I traced the route, I could clearly see a tram on the street.

So, it's now down to a short hop to Willy-Brant-Platz and then Tram 11 to Hugo-Junkers-Strasse. 42 minutes. Or the S-Bahn to the next town east and then a bus. 33 minutes.

I'm sure it's something to do with not defining where I'm going in terms that the site can understand, but it doesn't exactly help me plan my journey...

No comments: