Saturday 17 May 2008

Visitor

After work on Thursday I ran into town to pick up an inflatable mattress and pillow plus pump as I have company! A friend of David's working in Munich is coming up for the weekend. I just hope the mattress is okay, as it was a choice between slightly too small and far too big...

The plan for this morning was to tidy up between loads of washing - as usual in hot weather it seems to breed in the corner when I'm not looking - but the washing machine in the basement is on the blink. So I now have to run to the laundrette and hope I have enough time before having to meet my visitor at the station. Great way to start an early Saturday morning.

Work is as usual. The heat in the office makes it very difficult not to get sleepy. My team are working themselves up to request reference books as they put together a style guide, but apparently 10 books requested a year ago turned into one book received last week. I am starting to get a bit disheartened that not only will I be doing no translation (no boost to language skills) but I will be reading over-the-top American English until September.

Anyway. Time to bring the guidebook to the laundrette...

No comments: