Tuesday 11 March 2008

Yum

Well, today was another full day. Was at the bank at 9am again as I needed my IBAN number. Asked for it in German and there was enough of a pause that I thought someone was going to have to intervene, and then the cashier smiled and said "Ah, ee-bahn!" Just pronounced differently. I also paid some cash in, as they hadn't asked me for any when I opened the account, there are monthly charges on it and I'm not sure when they will arrive relative to my first invoice being paid.

After a full morning, I had to run back to the flat at lunchtime, as I'd forgotten my e-ticket from my flight to attach to said invoice...

After work, myself and Z went to G's flat to use her washing machine, as ours won't be installed (in the basement of the building) until next week. We put it on and headed out to purchase a DS for her (and the cutest DS-holder bag... hideously expensive but very sweet). I treated myself to a game as well.

Then we went to an Italian restaurant on the way back, and it was one of those wonderful moments when you realise you've just found a new regular place. The staff were lovely, the food was fantastic and it was all very relaxed. And cheap - main course, (soft) drink, desserts all round and two coffees came to 38 Euro.

When we got back to G's, we found that the washing machine hadn't started... so it's probably finishing about now and I need to go back there tomorrow to pick it all up. In the meantime, I'm hoarding my 50-cent pieces as I'll need them when our machines are in in the basement - which we haven't managed to find yet.

The only frustration was I wasn't able to top up my phone at the supermarket. But that may be not completely the fault of my lack of German... having never owned a pay as you go before, I'm not sure how you top them up at a till anyway. You can't scan the phone like you do your milk and bread rolls. I feel I'm missing something...

No comments: