Tuesday 15 April 2008

The best laid plans

Just as I finally thought I was getting to grips with my MA work, I realise that not only does my translation need to be with the department on Friday... they want it by post. Plan B - applied for an extension, researched the German equivalent of Special Delivery, wrote reminders to myself in big block capitals to print everything out at work on Thursday, and bought some A4 envelopes on the way home.

Only to find that in response to my request for an extension, the department quite happily said I could email it all. In complete contrast to the schedule and the Handbook they so love referring me to. Anyone need some envelopes?

They also forgot to put the translation for the Social Studies course (the one where each unit is taking me several days) in the course pack, so that is coming - guess - in the post.

At least I've finally finished the glossary checking at work. I may get my brain back.

No comments: