Wednesday 9 April 2008

Seeing red

Walking into work yesterday, I saw something that I have seen before - but not up so close! Two small squirrels - they looked like babies to me, but could just be a smaller species - were scampering up the road towards the park I cut by the corner of on my walk. They hopped out onto the road, then back onto the pavement when a car came by. I stopped near the corner as one backtracked, and it ran past about a foot away. It was red! I have no idea if it was a bona fide red squirrel or if squirrels are different here. Z, who had left the building just after me, caught up with me at that point.

I got my PIN number. I appear to have been paid my first three invoices in one go. Today was wet and miserable, so I abandoned my plan to walk over to the electronics shop near G's and instead took the U-bahn into the centre of town and went to another branch there to get some DVDs to back up onto and clear some space on the hard drive, and also a USB memory stick so that I can take some Sheffield stuff into work. I suspect that my days of doing nothing apart from jumping on the four or five bugs reported will soon be at an end (the project ends at the end of next week) but I really have done all the playing of the game and surfing on the internet that I can stand. I'd rather study.

No comments: