Thursday 17 April 2008

Phew

Just sent in my mini annotated translation, which is a weight off my mind. I really liked having the time to go through it again and again - I kept seeing new things each time, and felt like I really got to grips with what the author was trying to say. It's not a feeling I've had often, and it was a good one.

For anyone who's interested, it was part of a essay by Miyazaki Hayao from the collection Shuppatsuten ('Starting Points'). I would put the name in kanji, but Firefox is cranky and not accepting Japanese input. So much for the bulletproofness of Macs.

I will officially be off the project I'm on at the moment next week, which will mean a little less wait-and-hurry-up, I hope. Today was particularly bad, where I'd bored myself into a stupor by the time any work turned up about 3pm. It makes it so hard to concentrate on what I'm supposed to be doing. A mistake in the terminology lists and the producer asking me to get someone to proofread my changing 3 words (so I had a typo in the files - I was the one who found and corrected it and it's not like the Japanese head office noticed when they approved the change - end rant) didn't help.

Bought some postcards, but feel too braindead to write them tonight - all for Japan.

Should really do something on the weekend - Z is organising dinner on Friday, so I think he's finally been paid - but I may just sleep and play sloth. Despite thinking I slept better this week I was still fairly shattered today. Unless it is just the boredom.

There is an easy option for a day out - even on Sunday! - in the form of the Zoo. Saturday is forecast to be cold and raining, so it might be a good day to be in anyway.

No comments: