Tuesday 22 April 2008

Zombie time

I was just about awake and staggering around when my doorbell went at 8:15am - it was the landlord with my receipts for the internet access and a promise of getting the hall light fixed. I hope my spiky-haired, pyjama-clad, non-glasses wearing demeanour didn't scare him too badly.

Work was insanely boring again. There were a few emails about something I'm no longer really involved in, then I set to work seriously damaging my brain by getting stuck in to my Social Studies module. I did manage to get most of it done... but I'm not sure I remember anything.

We had a planned power outage at lunch, so we headed off as a team to the Japanese restaurant near the Disney tower. Wonderful salt-fried fish with rice, soup, seasonal veg and pickles for me - others had sukiyaki, tempura or sashimi. Wonderful though it was, it took us nearly an hour and a half to get there, eat and get back, so we were all in until 6:30 or later.

It was so nice I spent a while on the internet looking for rice cookers - or possibly a steamer that does rice... but I wasn't sure if the shops closed at 7 or 8, and I wasn't going to make it very far by 7. So I contented myself with going to the supermarket next door and getting the ingredients for nikujaga, a Japanese stew. I didn't have the dashi fish stock, but it turned out pretty well. I'm quite proud of myself for doing my pilates and cooking on a evening when I felt like getting into bed as soon as I got home...

More boredom (and Social Studies) forecast for the rest of the week.

No comments: